A gift to Trinity Presbyterian Church of McKinney Texas’ Permanent Funds Ministry allows forward thinking individuals who love TPC to leave an enduring legacy. There are five separate funds:
- The General Endowment Fund: The income from this fund to be distributed one-half into the Capital Facilities Fund, and one-half into the Program, Mission and Benevolence Fund. The principal remains invested.
- The Designated Endowment Fund(s): Session will cause distributions from each individual Designated Endowment Fund to be used only for the specific purpose for which the gift was intended.
- The Capital Facilities Fund: The principal and income from this fund are available to be used for special projects and capital projects that enhance the physical facilities and overall esthetics and safety of the church building(s) and improvements extending beyond the annual operational budget or other budget programs.
- The Programs, Mission and Benevolence Fund: The principal and income from this fund are available to be applied to special programs, extended missions and extraordinary benevolence.
- The Celebration Garden Fund: The principal and income from this fund are available to maintain the Celebration Garden including purchases of niches, memory plaques, engraving, urns, landscaping and security of the Celebration Garden. This fund will contain all the available funds from designated gifts to the Celebration Garden and funds from purchases of niches and memory plaques.
Gifts to the Permanent Funds Ministry can be made in many different ways. You can contribute with a check or make a gift of stock, bonds, insurance, real property and real estate. These gifts can be made during your lifetime or through your estate. TPC’s Permanent Funds Ministry is housed with the Texas Presbyterian Foundation and the foundation office has knowledgeable professionals who can help you create a gift that allows you to provide for your current needs, the needs of your spouse while also creating a legacy when you no longer require those funds.
Review and download the Permanent Funds Ministry Policy.
Any person who has made provisions for Trinity Presbyterian Church of McKinney Texas in their will or through other means is automatically enrolled in the Cloyd Society. The Cloyd Society is named after Joseph B. Cloyd, the first pastor.