All wealth and material goods ultimately come from God’s good creation and the talents, experiences and opportunities with which you have been blessed.
Stewardship is responsibility for taking care of resources entrusted to us. At Trinity Presbyterian Church of McKinney Texas, we are being good stewards by taking care of each other and our neighbors through financial support of our church family. Additionally, we are good stewards by giving of our time, talent, and energy to the many ministry opportunities offered at and through TPC. We are all asked to give back joyfully to God in thanksgiving for the abundance God has given us.
Every household should base their financial pledge upon a percentage of income. Tithing (giving the first tenth or 10% of your earnings) is a Holy Habit that should be the practice or goal. By establishing a goal, one can use increases in proportional giving to grow into this Holy Habit. Just as we grow in faith, we continually strive for growth in our stewardship response to meet this standard of giving. Extravagant Generosity is one of the five core values by which we strive to live.
We are extremely grateful to the households who regularly make a pledge each year. Your commitment supports the work of Jesus Christ both within and beyond the walls of TPC.
- Donate via Text: Go to texting area and enter 73256 for the number/recipient, then type tpcmckinney for the message. You will receive a link to set up your texted contribution. (Beware of auto correction, your phone will try to change tpcmckinney into a standard word.)
- Donate Online via TPC Realm Connect: One time or recurring donations by EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) from checking account or credit card. This used to be TPC Connect.
Additional Ways to Give
- Offering Plate: Cash or check, please use an envelope with your name on it if you would like your cash gifts recorded for IRS purposes.
- Mail: Paper check or electronic check to church, attention “Church Treasurer”
- Stock: Direct gift of stock to TPC through certificate or electronic means. If you transfer the ownership of stock to TPC, you do not have to report capital gains on the stock. If you sell the stock and give the proceeds to TPC, you will incur capital gains or losses. You will also have to supply information on the original cost basis of the stock if you sell it, which can be challenging. A direct stock donation can be very favorable to the donor and TPC. Trinity has changed Transfer Agents. If you wish to gift securities to Trinity Presbyterian Church, please contact Bud Ward for current transfer instructions. Bud’s phone number is 972/658-5527 and his email is email@example.com. Additionally, feel free to have your accountant contact the TPC treasurer.
- Life Insurance Policy: List TPC as beneficiary in your whole life or term insurance.
- Real Property: Gifts of real property are subject to approval by the Finance Committee and Session.
The tithes and offerings of God’s people make all our ministries at Trinity possible. Thank you for giving and please remember that to claim a charitable contribution for 2018, contributions must be made by December 31st, 2018.
Faith Pledge Cards for 2019 should be turned in to the office or placed in the offering plates no later than Dec. 31, 2018, to be included in the process of preparing an operating budget for 2019. If you have misplaced your card, they are available at the church office.
Contributions made in 2018 for 2019 must be received by the church treasurer by Dec. 31, 2018. Please indicate in the memo of your check, or on the envelope, that the gift is for 2019, and the fund designation, such as – 2019 Faith Pledge, 2019 Building Fund, etc.
December 30, 2018 is the last Sunday to receive 2018 offerings, for tax deduction purposes. On-line gifts will be received until midnight, Dec 31, 2018. Please let the treasurer know by Dec. 31 if your gift is coming after that Sunday.
Year 2018 Charitable Contributions Reports will be mailed to your homes around Jan. 17, 2019. Statements are mailed to those who made Faith Pledges used numbered envelopes, gave on a regular basis, and gave gifts in amounts for which IRS tax laws require receipts. Statements are available to anyone, upon request. If you do not receive a 2018 Year-end statement and wish to have one, please contact the treasurer.
2019 Offering Envelopes are available in the Great Hall. If you have not used envelopes before and wish to have them, please drop a note in the offering plate. If you do not pick up your box, they will be re-assigned to another family.
If you have any questions regarding above matters, please call Bud Ward at home at 972-529-9340 or on his cell at 972-658-5527, or mail a note to the church office, Attention: Bud Ward, Treasurer.