All wealth and material goods ultimately come from God’s good creation and the talents, experiences and opportunities with which you have been blessed.
Stewardship is responsibility for taking care of resources entrusted to us. At Trinity Presbyterian Church of McKinney Texas, we are being good stewards by taking care of each other and our neighbors through financial support of our church family. Additionally, we are good stewards by giving of our time, talent, and energy to the many ministry opportunities offered at and through TPC. We are all asked to give back joyfully to God in thanksgiving for the abundance God has given us.
Every household should base their financial pledge upon a percentage of income. Tithing (giving the first tenth or 10% of your earnings) is a Holy Habit that should be the practice or goal. By establishing a goal, one can use increases in proportional giving to grow into this Holy Habit. Just as we grow in faith, we continually strive for growth in our stewardship response to meet this standard of giving. Extravagant Generosity is one of the five core values by which we strive to live.
We are extremely grateful to the households who regularly make a pledge each year. Your commitment supports the work of Jesus Christ both within and beyond the walls of TPC.
- Donate via Text: Go to texting area and enter 73256 for the number/recipient, then type tpcmckinney for the message. You will receive a link to set up your texted contribution. (Beware of auto correction, your phone will try to change tpcmckinney into a standard word.)
- Donate Oneline: One-time gift using link on e-Times or website
- TPC Connect Me: (web portal for members) One time or recurring donations by EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) from checking account or credit card
Additional Ways to Give
- Offering Plate: Cash or check, please use an envelope with your name on it if you would like your cash gifts recorded for IRS purposes.
- Mail: Paper check or electronic check to church, attention “Church Treasurer”
- Stock: Direct gift of stock to TPC through certificate or electronic means. If you transfer the ownership of stock to TPC, you do not have to report capital gains on the stock. If you sell the stock and give the proceeds to TPC, you will incur capital gains or losses. You will also have to supply information on the original cost basis of the stock if you sell it, which can be challenging. A direct stock donation can be very favorable to the donor and TPC. Talk with the TPC treasurer and your accountant if you need additional information.
- Life Insurance Policy: List TPC as beneficiary in your whole life or term insurance.
- Real Property: Gifts of real property are subject to approval by the Finance Committee and Session.