Growing through Intentional Faith Development is one of the core values at Trinity Presbyterian Church of McKinney Texas.
No matter what your age or stage of life, we want to help you grow in your understanding of God, scripture, faith, and community through experiences that engage the mind, heart and body. At TPC, we offer a variety of Sunday School classes as well as Small Groups and Disciple Bible Studies.
Sunday School Classes
Our Sunday School classes meet between our Worship Services from 9:45 am–10:45 am. The classrooms are located all over the building. A facility map is available here or ask at the Welcome Center outside the Great Hall and we will be glad to show you the way.
- Daily Christian Living – Discussion style class facilitated by various leaders focusing on applying biblical principles to our everyday lives.
- Progressive Christianity – Discussion style class for seekers who like to explore ways our faith needs to change to remain relevant in a world of science and reason.
- Family Matters – Discussion style class with emphasis on navigating daily Christian living with our families
- Fun, Friends, Faith, and Fellowship – Interactive roundtable conversations about current topics and selected books
- Learn It and Live It – Lecture and Bible-based discussion style class for Christian living.
- Time Out – Discussion style class for expectant parents to parents with young children covering topics about marriage, parenting and our faith.
TPC has two kinds of small groups — Study Groups and Fellowship Groups — meeting throughout the week, during the day and in the evenings. Go here to find out more about small groups.
- Still Waters – women’s study, meets at the church during the day
- Sinner’s Pew – men and women, meets evenings in members’ homes
- The Spiritual Life – women’s study, meets at the church during the day
- That We May Know – men and women, meets at church during the day
- Strength and Joy – men and women, meets evenings in members’ homes
- Continuing Disciples – men and women, meets at church during the day
- Men of Trinity – men’s group, meets Saturday mornings at the church
- Wednesday Morning Men’s Group – meets at the church
- Bazaar Group – women’s craft and handwork group meets at church during the day
- Triple Ps – women’s Pinterest craft group meets evenings at the church
- Prayer Shawl – women’s handwork group meets at church during the day
Disciple Bible Study
The Disciple program is a series of intensive, nine-month long studies of various sections of the Bible. Participants commit to daily reading and study and meet once a week to discuss their discoveries. Go here to find out more about the Disciple program.
- Disciple I – an overview of the Old and New Testaments
- Disciple II – a deeper reading of Genesis and Exodus in the Old Testament and of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles in the New Testament
- Disciple III – a deeper reading of the Prophets in the Old Testament and of the Letters of Paul in the New Testament
- Disciple IV – a deeper reading of the Writings (Psalms, Proverbs, Job, Jonah and other books) in the Old Testament plus the non-Pauline letters and Revelation in the New Testament