Missions at Trinity Presbyterian Church of McKinney Texas seek to reflect the heart of our compassionate God, who wants every person to experience His love and to live free of want, fear, and injustice.
We seek to educate, inspire, and facilitate involvement of our members in a variety of local and global ministries.
Mission of the Month
Each month we highlight a mission to educate people about these specific missions, to encourage hands-on involvement and to provide an opportunity for financial donations. Our Mission of the Month is a major way that Trinity Presbyterian Church contributes financially to the support of these missions. For detailed information about each Mission of the Month, go to Mission of the Month Event category.
- January: Community Health Clinic
- February: Scott Johnson Middle School
- March: Community Food Pantry of McKinney
- April: Presbyterian Missions – Mexico
- May: Family Promise of Collin County
- June: Community Lifeline Center
- July: Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services
- August: Habitat for Humanity of North Collin County
- September: Young Adult Volunteers
- October: Presbyterian Missions – Congo
- November: Community Lifeline Center Thanksgiving
- December: Christmas Alternative Giving Opportunities – Community Lifeline Center Angel Tree, Heifer International, Gingerbread for Humanity (Habitat for Humanity)
Other Mission Opportunities
- FAMILY PROMISE OF COLLIN COUNTY: TPC is one of twelve host congregations in a network that assists homeless families with children three to four times annually. Together we provide food, shelter and hope as they regain sustainable independence. familypromiseofcollincounty.org
- SENIORS HELPING SENIORS: TPC is a sponsoring church in this all volunteer organization in which seniors help other seniors with minor home maintenance and repairs. mckinneyshs.org
- DONATION DESK : Throughout the year TPC collects toiletries for the Community Lifeline Center and paperback Bibles for the Collin County Detention Center, as well as seasonal items such as school supplies for Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services.
- SHORT TERM MISSIONS: TPC offers two annual short term mission trips with Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, one in April and one in October. We hope to offer additional opportunities in the future. This year, we have designated the following weeks for our mission trips: April 23 – 29th and October 8 – 14th. All are welcome to participate no matter your skill level or experience. For more information contact Chuck at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 713-826- 8279. Come join us for fellowship, fun and a little hard work serving others in need.
Mission education and service opportunities are also integrated into the Christian Education of our children and youth. Children make cards for Meals on Wheels recipients, collect food for the Community Lifeline Center, and raise money for Heifer International. Our Youth raise money for World Vision each year during their 30 Hour Famine.For a further description of all of our missions, visit www.facebook.com/tpcmissions/events