Sunday morning is a vital part of life here at Trinity Presbyterian Church of McKinney Texas. There are two worship services – 8:30 and 11:00 am – with Sunday school classes held from 9:45–10:45 am.
Starting at 9:30 am you are welcome to join us in Eva Joplin Fellowship Hall (between services) for coffee and breakfast. And if you are not very familiar with the building, feel free to ask at the Welcome Desk outside the Great Hall and we will be glad to show you the way. Here is an area map of the facility.
Growing through Intentional Faith Development is one of the core values at TPC. No matter what your age or stage of life, we want to help you grow in your understanding of God, scripture, faith, and community through experiences that engage the mind, heart and body. At TPC, we offer a variety of Sunday School classes as well as Small Groups and Disciple Bible Studies.
Sunday School Classes
Our adult classes use a variety of learning styles and cover a range of topics. We use age appropriate materials and instructional practices for our Early Childhood and Elementary Children’s classes. Children and Youth programs are all under the direction of staff members who have specialized training in their field of education and spiritual development.
Below is a list of our weekly Adult Sunday School Classes that meet during the school year.
- Daily Christian Living – Discussion-style class facilitated by various leaders focusing on applying biblical principles to our everyday lives. (Room 305)
- Progressive Christianity – Discussion-style class for seekers who like to explore ways our faith needs to change to remain relevant in a world of science and reason. (McCoy Chapel)
- Open Minds – Discussion-style class class designed to appeal across multiple generations. Subjects generally focus on contemporary ideas and issues and their connection with our faith journey. (Room 303)
- Faith Explorers – Discussion-style class with emphasis on navigating daily Christian living with our families. (Room 301)
- Learn It and Live It – Lecture and Bible-based discussion style class for Christian living. (Room 302A)
- Time Out – Discussion-style class for parents of tweens and teens covering topics about marriage, parenting and our faith. (Room 306)
- Young Families – Discussion-style class for expectant parents to parents with young children covering topics about marriage, parenting and our faith. (Library)
- Making Sense of the Bible – A special 6-week class offered 3 times per year based on Adam Hamilton’s honest, relevant and captivating book, Making Sense of the Bible. (Room 302-B)
TPC has two kinds of small groups — Study Groups and Fellowship Groups — meeting throughout the week, during the day and in the evenings. Below is a list of most of our Small Groups:
- Still Waters – women’s study, meets at the church during the day
- Sinner’s Pew – men and women, meets evenings in members’ homes
- The Spiritual Life – women’s study, meets at the church during the day
- That We May Know – men and women, meets at church during the day
- Strength and Joy – men and women, meets evenings in members’ homes
- Continuing Disciples – men and women, meets at church during the day
- Men of Trinity – men’s group, meets Saturday mornings at the church
- Wednesday Morning Men’s Group – meets at the church
- Contemplative Prayer Group – Meets monthly at church during the day
- Prayer Warriors – Meets weekly during the evening at church
- *NEW* Pastor’s Bible Study – Meets Wednesdays at noon for a deeper dive of the upcoming Sunday’s scripture readings
- Bazaar Group – women’s craft and handwork group meets at church during the day
- Triple P’s – women’s Pinterest craft group meets evenings at the church
- Prayer Shawls – women’s handwork group meets at church during the day
- Moms’ Book Study – meets Thursday mornings at 9:30 am in the Library, childcare provided
- Dinners for Eight – Provides an opportunity to get to know others in the church over a potluck meal, and is open to all adults at Trinity. Childcare is provided at the church once a month, and requires advance reservations. Each group meets once per month for four months and consists of eight randomly-assigned participants (couples stay together). If you are interested in joining for the next rotation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disciple Bible Study
The Disciple program is a series of intensive, nine-month long studies of various sections of the Bible. Participants commit to daily reading and study and meet once a week to discuss their discoveries. Classes begin in early September and end in mid-May. Registration for 2020-2021 will begin in August.
- Disciple I – an overview of the Old and New Testaments
- Disciple II – a deeper reading of Genesis and Exodus in the Old Testament and of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles in the New Testament
- Disciple III – a deeper reading of the Prophets in the Old Testament and of the Letters of Paul in the New Testament
- Disciple IV – a deeper reading of the Writings (Psalms, Proverbs, Job, Jonah and other books) in the Old Testament plus the non-Pauline letters and Revelation in the New Testament