We have five classrooms for our children each Sunday morning:
- Blessed Babies: Infants from birth through walking enjoy this room. This warm, inviting space has comfortable rocking chairs for feeding and holding babies, cribs for sleepy ones, and lots of age-appropriate toys.
- Little Lambs: Toddlers who are walking well enjoy spending time here. The slide and the crawl through caterpillar are favorites!
- Precious Petals: This class is for children who are ready to begin learning basic concepts through a short Bible lesson. Lesson topics include God Made Me, Coming to Church, and Jesus Loves Me.
- Heavenly Hearts: Children ages 3–4 enjoy this class. The topics of study for Sunday School include Abraham and Sarah, Moses, Jesus and his miracles and our church.
- Awesome Angels: Children ages 4–5 attend the Awesome Angels class. Sunday school topics include the Ten Commandments, discipleship, prayer, and our church.
Children at TPC also learn familiar songs at music time each week and love to play on the playground on nice days.
A Time for Young Disciples: During both worship services our Heavenly Hearts and Awesome Angels classes (3–5 years old) enjoy A Time for Young Disciples. During this time we engage the children in an age-appropriate introduction to the worship theme of the day.
Check In/Check Out: The Director of Preschool Ministry or a volunteer will greet you outside of the Preschool Ministry hallway to check your child in. Each child will get a name-tag with a unique 5-digit code that lists any allergies. Parents will be given a tag that has the same 5-digit code. Upon pickup, parents are asked to show the tag to the childcare staff in the classroom so they can compare the numbers.
To learn more about our Director of Early Childhood, Helen Fitzhugh, view our Staff Page.