When you visit Trinity for the first time, please visit the Welcome Center, where a church or staff member will be able to answer questions and provide directions. We have two Welcome Centers: one is located in the rotunda foyer just outside the Great Hall, and the other is located in Eva Joplin Fellowship Hall. Each first-time guest will receive a gift bag with information about our church.
Kids of all ages are welcome in worship at TPC. Other opportunities for children and youth during worship include the following:
- EARLY CHILDHOOD – Childcare is offered for children age 6 weeks to pre-kindergarten during the 11:00 am worship service in our early childhood wing. Because the safety of every child is the highest priority, TPC uses a computerized check-in/check-out system. In addition, excellent child to adult ratios are maintained. All employees and volunteers working with children under age 12 are required to be vaccinated.
- ELEMENTARY – Children in Kindergarten through 2nd grade may attend Children’s Chapel during the 11:00 worship service. Parents may sign their children up for Children’s Chapel online or on the clipboard at the Welcome Center. Right before the sermon begins, those who wish to participate will leave worship as a group to enjoy a socially-distant, child-friendly message. The children then re-enter the worship service following the sermon. Coloring pages and/or worship bags with activities for children to use during worship are available at the Welcome Center as well. Children in 3rd grade and up are encouraged to sit with their families during the worship service. All employees and volunteers working with children under age 12 are required to be vaccinated.
- YOUTH – Youth in 6th through 12th grade are encouraged to attend either the 8:30 am or 11:00 am worship with their families, in addition to a special Youth worship called TYME which begins at 9:30 am on Sundays during the school year.
Sunday School is also available for children and youth to learn about faith, develop friendships and interact with positive Christian role models. Sunday School for all ages is available between services from 9:45 am – 10:45 am during the school year.
- Early Childhood – ages 6 weeks to Pre-K, located in the Early Childhood 100 wing, just past the Check-In Desk in Eva Joplin Hall.
- Children – ages Kindergarten to Fifth grade, meet in the TK Lounge in the 200 wing.
- Youth – ages middle school through high school meet in The Loft, room 300.
- Adults – Adult Sunday School Classes are also available during the Sunday School hour in classrooms around the church.
For the safety of those present, we have an off-duty McKinney police officer on site every Sunday morning.
Want to Know More?
Individuals interested in learning more about the Presbyterian faith and the ways that Trinity strives to serve God are invited to visit our What We Believe page. We also offer a Connections Class 3-4 times per year to learn more about how to get connected at Trinity. To learn more about the pastors, visit our Leadership page.