We seek to educate, inspire, and facilitate involvement of our members in a variety of local and global ministries. Everyone who calls Trinity their spiritual home is encouraged to live a 5G life. Thus, we encourage all to have some kind of hands-on involvement, which we call Risk-taking Mission and Service, or GO-ing. For more information visit the What We Believe web page.
Each quarter we highlight a mission to educate people about these specific missions, to encourage hands-on involvement and to provide an opportunity for financial donations. Our Quarterly Mission is a major way that Trinity Presbyterian Church contributes financially to the support of these missions.
- July, August, and September: Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services
- October: Crop Walk
- November and December: Heifer International
- January, February, and March: 30 Hour Famine
- April and May: Little Free Pantry
Other Mission Opportunities
- Family Promise of Collin County: Trinity is one of twelve host congregations in a network that assists homeless families with children three to four times annually. Together we provide food, shelter and hope as they regain sustainable independence. familypromiseofcollincounty.org
- Donation Desk: Throughout the year Trinity collects toiletries for the Community Lifeline Center and paperback Bibles for the Collin County Detention Center, as well as seasonal items such as school supplies for Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services.
- Trinity Disaster Recovery Team Mission: Trinity offers two annual short term mission trips, one in April and one in October. We hope to offer additional opportunities in the future. This year, we have designated the following weeks for our mission trips: April 23 – 29th and October 8 – 14th. All are welcome to participate no matter your skill level or experience. Come join us for fellowship, fun and a little hard work serving others in need. For more information contact Chuck at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 713-826- 8279 or visit our blog to read posts from PDA.
- Little Free Pantry: The Little Free Pantry is a local community mission project that allows for anonymous pickup and drop-off of nonperishable items, including peanut butter, toilet paper, paper towels, deodorant, canned meats, canned goods, sealed boxed goods, baby products, diapers, formula, cereal, cleaning products, toiletries and more. Trinity is the site host of the Little Free Pantry cabinet which is located next to the garden, and partners with Little Free Pantry volunteers, other churches, and members of the community to check and help stock the needed items. For more information, visit the McKinney Little Free Pantry Facebook Page.
- Little Free Library: The Little Free Library is a domestic and international non-profit organization that is a “take a book, return a book” free book exchange. Anyone may take a book and return it, or bring a book to share. Currently, there are approximately over 50,000 registered Little Free Library book exchanges in all 50 U.S. states and in over 70 countries. Trinity hosts a Little Free Library exchange located by the garden. For more information, visit the Little Free Library website.
- Heifer International: Trinity collects donations annually for Heifer International. Heifer International is a global nonprofit working to eradicate poverty and hunger through sustainable, values-based holistic community development. Visit Heifer International website.
- C.R.O.P. Walk: C.R.O.P. Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service and organized by local congregations or groups to raise funds to end hunger at home and around the world. Trinity joins with other local congregations to raise funds for to fund Church World Service, Family Promise and North Collin County Foodbank. Crop Hunger Walk website.
- Special Offerings: Trinity makes annual contributions to the share mission of the Presbyterian Church (USA) by participating in the following annual special offerings: One Great Hour of Sharing, Pentecost Sunday, and The Joy Offering. Special Offerings PCUSA website.
Please contact the Missions Elder at email@example.com with any questions or interest in the missions programs here at Trinity, and how you might get involved.
To learn more about the Presbyterian Missions around the world, visit the Presbyterian Mission Yearbook page.