Welcome to the Early Childhood Ministry at Trinity Presbyterian Church of McKinney Texas. We partner with you to ensure a safe, loving, enjoyable and educational experience for your children.
We provide childcare on Sundays from 8:30 am to noon for children infants – 5 years of age. You are welcome to enjoy the Sunday service and participate in any of our Adult Sunday School classes while your children are cared for in the Nursery Ministry wing.
When children spend time here, they’re learning about our faith, developing friendships and learning to interact with their peers and adult Christian role models. We work together with you, the parent, to build spiritual foundations that will last a lifetime.
We have five classrooms for our children each Sunday morning:
- Blessed Babies: Infants from birth through walking enjoy this room. This warm, inviting space has comfortable rocking chairs for feeding and holding babies, cribs for sleepy ones and lots of age-appropriate toys.
- Little Lambs: Toddlers who are walking well enjoy spending time here. The slide and the crawl through caterpillar are favorites!
- Precious Petals: This class is for children who are ready to begin learning basic concepts through a short Bible lesson. Lesson topics include God Made Me, Coming to Church, and Jesus Loves Me.
- Heavenly Hearts: Children ages 3–4 enjoy this class. The topics of study for Sunday School include Abraham and Sarah, Moses, Jesus and his miracles and our church.
- Awesome Angels: Children ages 4–5 attend the Awesome Angels class. Sunday school topics include the Ten Commandments, discipleship, prayer and our church.
Children at TPC also learn familiar songs at music time each week and love to play on the playground on nice days.
A Time for Young Disciples: During both worship services our Heavenly Hearts and Awesome Angels classes (3–5 years old) enjoy A Time for Young Disciples. During this time we engage the children in an age-appropriate introduction to the worship theme of the day.
Check In/Check Out: The Director of Preschool Ministry or a volunteer will greet you outside of the Preschool Ministry hallway to check your child in. Each child will get a name-tag with a unique 5-digit code that lists any allergies. Parents will be given a tag that has the same 5-digit code. Upon pickup, parents are asked to show the tag to the childcare staff in the classroom so they can compare the numbers.
Summer and Family Activities
Preschoolers are invited to come to VBS (Vacation Bible School) for a week at the end of school. TPC is remarkable for the number of volunteers who work in our VBS; it is the largest inter-generational activity at TPC. We also have Family Events, such as Bless the Pets and Family Nights when kids get a chance to interact in a Christian environment.
The Early Childhood Ministry participates in various Missions with the church. During the Fall, the preschoolers, in collaboration with the other TPC children and youth, lead the collection of change during the Stewardship Campaign.
For questions about the ministry please fill out the form below. To learn more about our Director of Early Childhood, Helen Fitzhugh, view our Staff Page.